LiveSTRONG at the YMCA®
To be contacted to find out if you qualify for the LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA program please fill out the interest form.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment.
This program is offered at Bryan YMCA, Ragsdale YMCA and Spears YMCA.
The goals of the program include:
- Improving strength and endurance
- Increasing flexibility and day-to-day activities
- Reducing the severity of therapy side effects
- Preventing unwanted weight changes
- Improving self esteem and energy levels
Participants receive a FREE 12-week Metro membership and may use the facilities at any time. Participants may bring in a family member who can work out on their own.
Age: 18 and older
Cost: No cost for participants
- Participants must receive medical clearance and are evaluated on an individual basis.
- Patients currently undergoing treatment may participate, but only if they receive medical clearance.
- Have your doctor fill out the Referral form.
- Commit to attending 80% of the classes
- Participants cannot exceed two years post treatment.
For more information or to sign up please contact Lauren Marshall at 336.478.9637.